Saturday, November 6, 2010

misc

My town is 24,000 people and probably 4 miles in diameter, counting all of the residential neighborhoods. And still I get lost while running well mapped routes, complete with maps.google satellite images.

Most of the leaves have fallen and changed colors already - something I haven't seen in years and something I've never seen on this magnitude or color spectrum.

It's begun to rain at least weekly. But even though I walk everywhere and cars park on the sidewalks here, forcing me to walk in the street sometimes, I haven't really gotten wet.

There have been exactly 4 cars since I've arrived that blare their music and pump their bass like they live in LA.

And if I make it out for a run before 10am, I will inevitably cross paths with an old man, who walks with a cane and wears a page boy cap circa 1935. I always say good morning to him as I pass and he replies in turn, "Bonjour belle mademoiselle!" every time.