Thursday, August 30, 2012

Last American Update

before heading to France! New York is dirty and teeming with life as always and Melissa and Sean are my halfway home to home. Life is good. After a particularly trying summer (in terms of family, financial resources, and distance covered) I'm ready to go back to Rouen. "Ready" here meaning I've been mentally preparing myself for the last few weeks and it's finally taken. I'm ready! (I think I can I think I can) I have protein powder! New sports bras! New shoes and inexpensive American fashion (don't wanna get confused with my students again) and reinforced friendships and relationships that will hopefully allow me to never fully feel cut off from my Home. Also there are several hopefuls interested in coming to visit this year so maybe I won't have to miss certain individuals for long. I love France and I love my life there but there's of course, so many ingrained American habits and cultural aspects I can't get enough of. Then again there's a lot of irritating parts of both countries and cultures. At the end of my 2 year contract in June 2013, I will have to make a choice. Much like the American and the French people will/have done already in their respective presidential elections this year, a choice will be made between the lesser of two evils. Sacré bleu cheese!