Thursday, May 16, 2013

Hearts in Rouen

Revision #813: I began my journey to write my very first full length novel six months ago. It was partially inspired by NaNoWriMo, part boredom, and part serious desire since I was 10 years old. I've been writing little stories or wanting to since forever, and teaching in France has given me the free time to do it. Now that the school year is finished, and I don't know how long I'll be moving back to California for in the Fall I'm on a desperate crunch to get this baby published. YES!

But that also means, diving head first into the world of publishing, agents, and query letters.
Badda bing! Badda boom! The problem with queries is agents receive hundreds a day, sometimes. So yours has to stand out quick! And if you query the wrong one, you often don't get a chance to send on to another agent at the same agency. It's funny because I thought about seriously pursuing acting in Los Angeles, but for some reason, this level of fast and dry applications appeals to me so much more. Especially when you find stumble across the perfect agent for your book.

The publishing saga continues.......